AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

2017 Annual AZLRO Member BBQ - March 3rd-5th

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #9772 by admin
Join us for the annual club BBQ at Lake Roosevelt.

NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER VIA THIS FORM:
www.azlro.org/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=34

(RSVP'ing on the event page does NOT confirm you as an attendee to the BBQ - you MUST register via the form above to get dinner on Saturday night and to get your free raffle tickets).

Details about the event:
www.azlro.org/index.php?option=com_jem&v...q-campout&Itemid=346
(I repeat, RSVPing on this page does not confirm you as an attendee).

00 G500
N4GWG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #9774 by admin
How the Cook-Off will work:
Members will prepare their best camp-style meal, to be served in appetizer-sized portions to the other members in attendance. Members will get to sample the variety of dishes, and then vote for their favorite. We'll tally the votes and the winner will receive their prize!

We are expecting 12 or more of the attending members to participate in the cook-off. You're still on your own for dinner on Friday night, but members will be cooking and you'll be able to graze amongst the entrants. Do not expect the cook off participants to provide you with an entire meal.

AZLRO will also be throwing a FREE raffle on Saturday night, with some great off-road prizes!
(Additional raffle tickets will also be available for purchase).

About The Raffle
Members will be able to 'put in' their raffle tickets for only the items they are interested in.

For example, if one of the prizes is a set of Johnson Rods, and you own a Range Rover Classic, you don't have to use your raffle tickets on that prize and could put them toward something you're more interested in. For example, if there is, say, a Hydroflask prize you're really keen on, you could put all your raffle tickets in for that item if you so choose.

Each membership will receive a 10 raffle tickets.

To participate, you must be 1) current/up-to-date in your member dues, 2) present to enter your tickets on the raffle prizes, and 3) present to win.

00 G500
N4GWG

4 months 1 week ago #9779 by Redriderrick
I'm looking forward to my first AZLRO BBQ, and have my Cook-Off dish all planned out! Will this be a family-friendly event? Lynn and I will have her 16 y/o daughter with us if it looks like she'll have others her age to possibly spend time with. We'll also be bringing two kayaks with us for a nice paddle on the lake.

4 months 1 week ago #9780 by admin
Yes, the BBQ is 100% a family friendly event.

The club will provide dinner for up to 4 in your party on Saturday night. Please make sure you register via this form so we can get a complete headcount and an idea of how many people are going to participate in the cook-off (glad to hear you'll be joining in!)

BBQ Registration:
www.azlro.org/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=34

00 G500
N4GWG

3 months 4 weeks ago #9785 by billj214
Just so there is no elephant in the room and people asking why this guy is not driving Land Rover, it's because I sold it but hey my membership is still good and there is nothing I would rather do then hang with the best bunch of people and with the best club in town! :ohmy:

See you guys soon!

3 months 3 weeks ago #9787 by tom
Hi,

Planning to come up for the day on Saturday. Dogs OK?

--tom

3 months 3 weeks ago #9789 by LeBlanc
Normal rules apply, dogs must be on leash at all times..

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

3 months 3 weeks ago #9793 by Kelly
Redriderrick,

There are quite a few teenage girls in the club. Our 16 year old daughter, Grace, with be at the BBQ. She is planning on doing the driving on Saturday.

Look forward to sharing our war stories of owning rovers and teenage daughters. :ohmy:

1968 Series IIA Dormobile - 20,000 BTU stove, 16 gallon water capacity, accommodations for 4, dining area, and restroom
1992 Range Rover - Did you know the 14th wedding anniversary is the Range Rover Anniversary?

3 months 2 weeks ago #9796 by azdiscojoe
Checking in ... do we have enough participants for the cook off to take place?

3 months 2 weeks ago #9797 by Javelinadave
11 participants so far. If you join it will be 12 so YES it is a go.

3 months 2 weeks ago #9798 by azarmadillo
If your dog would bark like crazy like mine would let them be loved safely at home. If your dog is cool and mellow and totally down with hanging out with cool strangers, bring them along. Leashes are a wise idea unless they're pacificists and then no leash needed.

3 months 2 weeks ago #9799 by azarmadillo
The cook off is a go no matter what. Ignore that 50% bullshit up top.

3 months 2 weeks ago #9800 by azdiscojoe
Its a go! I checked yes when i registered. can't wait :woohoo:

3 months 2 weeks ago #9801 by Javelinadave
I'm doing a Mexican - Norwegian fusion dish, herring enchiladas so no copying!
****Sarcasm warning****

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter