AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Large Binocular Telescope tour and Campout

10 months 3 weeks ago #9032 by Maxum96
Kelly, I was wondering if a large rv, 34FT, could make it into the camping area. If not we may have to camp somewhere else, but we still want to do the tour. I think I emailed the info you needed for the squirrel permit if you didn't get it, please let me know.
Thanks
-Chuck S "Maxum96"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #9033 by Kelly
Chuck,

I have seen 35 foot trailers and RV's in Treasure Park. It is a one-way loop road and a stream crosses the road and sometimes washes out the road, enough to make it tough for long RV's. Passenger vehicles should have not trouble at all. I have also seen large RV's come in the "wrong" way. This part of the road is a lot shorter and in much better condition. I would suggest you drive your Rover in around the loop and make a decision based on what you see.

James does not have a scheduled trip up before the campout. If he does he will drive through and send you an assessment.

What day are you coming up? We can come up to the main road and help.

Kelly

1968 Series IIA Dormobile - 20,000 BTU stove, 16 gallon water capacity, accommodations for 4, dining area, and restroom
1992 Range Rover - Did you know the 14th wedding anniversary is the Range Rover Anniversary?

10 months 2 weeks ago #9034 by Maxum96
Kelly,
Thank you for the information.
We will probably go up Friday morning, and be at campground around noon or so.
See you there
Chuck

10 months 2 weeks ago #9035 by Glenn P38
Hey Chuck,

I just sent my info into Kelly. My brother and I are coming. You can finally meet him. I keep telling him that you two are soul mates. You guys could work side by side for hours and not have to talk much and love it! Trying to get Duane to go but I don't think he'll be back from his tour of the West by then. Not sure if I'm flying in or driving in. Kelly said there isn't much 4wheeling around there. Maybe we can find some place to get in trouble. Ha Ha.

See you soon,

Glenn

10 months 1 week ago #9046 by Maxum96
Glen, I'm sure we can find something out there to get into. My Dad is bringing his rv, so just look for us when you get there. Be safe see you there.
Chuck

10 months 3 days ago #9066 by Maxum96
I have to change my plans a little bit. I have to leave the valley later so I won't be able to get there until 4 or 5 pm. My Dad can't make it so no rv, my wife can't make it either so I'll be in a tent.
Should be fun see you all there.
-Chuck

10 months 3 days ago #9067 by Kelly
Thanks for letting me know. Tomorrow is Grace's last day of school and our plan it to try and get there before dark.

1968 Series IIA Dormobile - 20,000 BTU stove, 16 gallon water capacity, accommodations for 4, dining area, and restroom
1992 Range Rover - Did you know the 14th wedding anniversary is the Range Rover Anniversary?

10 months 3 days ago #9068 by James Howard
Cell phone coverage is really spotty up there so we will be monitoring FRS 5 and if you have ham we will monitor the EAARS repeater on Heliograph Peak, 146.860 MHz, PL 141.3

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH

10 months 3 days ago #9069 by Maxum96
I will not be able to come up Friday. I will be there Saturday morning before noon. I will have FRS with me. See you there.
-Chuck

10 months 3 days ago #9070 by Maxum96
If you all leave the campground could you leave something so I will know which group is ours thanks.
-Chuck

10 months 3 days ago #9071 by Glenn P38
Hey Chuck. I fly in tomorrow night. Leaving Saturday morning for Mt Graham. I'll text or call you when I get in. Maybe we can follow each other. My brother is driving and he's not flexible on time like me. Lol. He likes to leave when it's planned. What time do you think you're leaving? Are you in Mesa still? I should be in around 8:30.

10 months 3 days ago #9072 by James Howard
Look for the large yellow North Face tent.

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH

10 months 3 days ago #9073 by Maxum96
Thanks James.
-Chuck

10 months 3 days ago #9074 by Maxum96
Glenn how about meeting at that Shell gas station, the one we meet at when we're going on runs out east, in Gold Canyon. 7138 U.S. 60 Gold Canyon AZ 85118 at 8am.
I'll be driving my Disco.

10 months 2 days ago #9075 by Maxum96
Kelly, Glenn,
Do to a sudden family illness I'm not going to be able to make this weekend. Sorry about that.
Everybody take lots of pictures and be safe out there.

-Chuck S.

10 months 2 days ago #9076 by Maxum96
I'm going to try to come up for the tour if I can. If I'm there I'm there if not, maybe another time.
-Chuck

10 months 2 days ago #9077 by Glenn P38
Hey Chuck. Sorry to hear that. Hope everything is OK. We'll talk to you soon.

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Recent Posts

Newsletter