AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

New Member - Scottsdale AZ

3 days 5 hours ago #9986 by weirdscience
New to the forum and have enjoyed owning a Rover for past ~2 years.   Purchased a 2003 Disco as a 3rd off-road vehicle from an original AZ owner in early   2017 and recently traded for 2012 RR HSE for the same purpose (pics included).  

Tremendous fun and time (and $$) put into the Disco - 2" OME Lift, Rovertyme Front bumper, WARN VR-8S synthetic winch, TerraFirma rock sliders, 31.5 KO2's on 16" Kalahari's, TF gas tank skid & diff guards, 4 NiLight roof lights, Hella Black Magic Driving lights installed to work with brights, Atlantic British Rear Bumper and a tremendous amount of cosmetic work. The previous owner has the central diff lock x-fer case installed so I found an OME Diff lock lever and had installed.   Loved the vehicle and its capabilities but had to let her go in Sept 2018 - miss the Disco but I got to know Joe and Kevin very well at Rov-N-Techs, as you can imagine. 

The new 2012 RR was originally a TX Rover and moved to AZ a few years ago after being traded to Bentley Scottsdale, then a local guy had it for daily communicating. I've always had a soft spot for the Mk III (L322)'s and found a great platform to develop. It has the 5.0 (non-SC) Jag engine, new EAS bags in the front and is in great shape all-around. Work has started and have installed the 2.5" ProudRhino lift & 32" KO2's. A Voyager Expedition rack is on order and expected later this month. It had its maiden voyage on Outlaw trail just outside Sedona and am currently prepping for a trip to Crown King on the 16th with a few buddies that have Toyotas (FJ & Land Cruiser). Attached are a few picks of the Rovers.

Huge fan and looking forward to many years ahead enjoying a variety of LR vehicles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter