AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

New (prospective) member

10 months 1 week ago #9219 by swlasswell
Greetings fellow LR owners. I'm Stu, and I've been a part of the British car crowd here in Arizona for about 20 years, and I currently own a Triumph TR3, A Mini Cooper S, a Land Rover LR3, a Lotus 7 (replica) project, and even a Triumph Speed Triple motorcycle! Perhaps you see a trend here... I've got a bad case of British vehicle fever!
Anyway, now that I have a Land Rover, I truly want to get out and use it as it was meant to be used. I hope to attend your next run out to Saguaro Lake and see what she is capable of, with the support of like-minded people (and vehicles that can rescue me).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago #9220 by Javelinadave
Welcome Stu. We are a great club with a very active membership. We look forward to seeing you at future events.

Dave Smith
AZLRO Council Member and Rush Chairman

10 months 1 week ago #9221 by DirkV
Welcome! Always glad to see more LR3s. Look forward to meeting you.

10 months 5 days ago #9749 by Kelly
Welcome Stu! It is always nice to meet other people with a British car problem.

When I met my husband he and multiple MGB's and a 1973 Series 3 Land Rover. He was brought up with Triumphs, MGs and original Mini's. There were also a few unoperable Austin Healey's around his Dad's property.

When he moved to AZ in the early 90's and the found there were dirt roads at the bottom of the freeway off ramps, he needed something other than British sports cars. So, naturally he bought a Land Rover. Our current British car fleet is a 1968 Series IIA Dormobile, 1992 Range Rover and 1953 MGTD.

1968 Series IIA Dormobile - 20,000 BTU stove, 16 gallon water capacity, accommodations for 4, dining area, and restroom
1992 Range Rover - Did you know the 14th wedding anniversary is the Range Rover Anniversary?

10 months 14 hours ago #9755 by swlasswell
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I attended the trail run to Saguaro Lake last weekend and found the group to be friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the tour, and I was very encouraged by how well the LR3 handled all we threw at it... although I suppose we really didn't really challenge it in any truly extreme way! All in all, it was a fun event with a great group of people.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter