AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

New member checking in..

8 months 2 weeks ago #9142 by Robert calderone
Just purchased home in Overgaard. Currently also live in San Diego. Need to figure out how to best maintain my 2004 Discovery 2 in AZ.. Phoenix area is a bit of a drive.. I am thinking I need to brush up on my mechanics skills. Looking forward to joining you all on the trail! Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #9143 by Maxum96
Hi Bob welcome to the club. I just moved to Overgaard in July. We will have to get together sometime to talk rovers and stuff. I have a '97 D1 and a '91 RRC, I have done all of my own wrenching, would be willing to help on some things that are not computer related.

8 months 2 weeks ago #9144 by Robert calderone
That is really good news! Thank you for your reply. My truck is in really nice condition, and runs excellent, but I think I am going to need to replace the head gaskets in short order. A bit of minor dripping going on, and I don't want to take too many chances on overheating. Not urgent, but definitely on the list of things to do. Always great to have a second opinion and extra mechanical knowledge! Again, appreciate your willingness to help out! Bob

8 months 2 weeks ago #9145 by worldexplorer
Hi Robert
welcome to the club a new member my self been on 2 outings and the feller's and gals were grate and the runs to, will see you Saturday got a black disco 2 .
you may have leaking rocker gaskets if its oil we can look Saturday

B.F.N.

Robert

8 months 2 weeks ago #9147 by Robert calderone
Thank you for your thoughts. Will not make it Saturday, back in San Diego at the moment. It's definitely a coolant leak. Does not leak much oil, but the coolant does leak between the head and the block on the drivers side. I guess the Bosch 4.6 is famous for that. Appreciate your thoughts, and thanks for your reply! Bob

8 months 2 weeks ago #9148 by CFranco101
Welcome to the club Robert! Looking forward to seeing you out on the trail sometime or perhaps the next meeting!

7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #9161 by AZ_LR3
Just got my membership. Pretty excited to meet like minded people and share some adventures. I live in Gilbert but I work outside the country a lot. I have a '07 LR3 HSE and have ordered tons of parts that I will install when I get home at the end of November. I'm new to Rovers so I'll probably be soaking up some knowledge. Well, looking forward to meeting some of you.

BFG AT KO2's 275/65/R18
Lucky 8 bump stop extension
Proud Rhino lift 2.5''
Terrafirma steering guard
ARB air compressor
CVT Mt Shasta RTT
Front Runner Rack
Maxtrax mounted to rack

coming soon...
ARB bumper
TacRover rear bumper w/tire carrier
Smittybilt 12k synthetic winch

7 months 4 weeks ago #9162 by worldexplorer
Hi welcome your going to need some help with all that
I live in mesa get in touch when your ready

Robert
781 888 3947
The following user(s) said Thank You: AZ_LR3

7 months 3 weeks ago #9164 by DirkV
Good to see more and more LR3s! Look forward to seeing your vehicle and the progress of your build.

6 months 4 days ago #9205 by Turtle1976
How's it going!
My name is Joe Pierse and my family and I recently moved out here from the northeast about three months ago. I'm driving a modified Discovery II 2001. It was nice meeting some of the members at the last monthly meeting, and apologize that I couldn't make the car show. I'm glad it was a nice turn out! I was wondering if anyone has the specific location/address for the Thanksgiving Day parade? I'm heading out there early with the kids and don't want to be late! See you Thursday!
Joe

6 months 2 days ago #9206 by koly
Hi Joe - Hopefully you've received an email from the event organizer, Doug Lawyer, about when & where to show up... If not, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

00 G500
N4GWG

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Recent Posts

Newsletter