AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

New member in Buckeye

3 years 2 weeks ago #8461 by xlimey
New member in Buckeye was created by xlimey
New member in Buckeye. We escaped the Scottish weather in 1981 and settled in CA. Somehow managed to cope with the "alternative reality" that is the San Francisco Bay Area for 30 years - but we were delighted to retire early to AZ 4 years ago with multiple dogs, a couple of unmarried 30-something daughters, and an excessive number of high-mileage European cars. (For a while it was difficult to determine which of these was depleting our retirement savings faster - but I think we have a handle on it now...)

Our Disco 1, which we purchased new in CA in 1998 was one of the vehicles that accompanied us - and thanks to Kevin at Rov-n-techs in Scottsdale has finally emerged from years in storage, passed AZ emissions with flying colors and continues to soldier on past 225,000 miles.

Looking forward to being a contributing member of a community that does not greet the news that I own a Land Rover with a blank stare, sympathy - or uncontrollable laughter...

Cheers,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #8462 by DirkV
Replied by DirkV on topic New member in Buckeye
Hi Ian. Welcome and look forward to meeting you. You'll certainly find empathy and perhaps some uncontrollable laughter and good company and adventures with this group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roverthis2003

3 years 2 weeks ago #8464 by admin
Replied by admin on topic New member in Buckeye
Welcome to the club!

Look forward to meeting you on the trail or at one of our monthly meetings...

00 G500
N4GWG

3 years 5 days ago - 3 years 5 days ago #8481 by Marin
Replied by Marin on topic New member in Buckeye
Welcome - new here as well.

3 years 5 days ago #8484 by CFranco101
Replied by CFranco101 on topic New member in Buckeye
Welcome Ian,
I too am fairly new to AZ and I can tell you that you have joined a fantastic group of people in joining this club. In the short span of a year I have become friends with a diverse group of very friendly and extremely talented folks . It truly has helped our family make the transition to AZ life. Be sure to join us at the next meeting or next trail outing, they are always a lot of fun and in my opinion the best way to see the state.

Take Care!

2 years 9 months ago #8603 by roverthis2003
Replied by roverthis2003 on topic New member in Buckeye
Hi, live in avondale just loved from.buckeye, we should do a quick run off miller sometime soon or grab a beer.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter