AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

New Member from PA

4 years 5 months ago #7426 by CFranco101
New Member from PA was created by CFranco101
New to AZ, just moved to the chandler area from PA. Looking forward to hitting a few trails sometime soon, hope to be all settled in and ready to go for the sedona trails event if all goes as planned.

Really excited to hit some trails out here with a group since there is virtually nowhere to do so back in PA and nobody to do it with.

Interested to find out if my stock LR3 would be fine at Broken Arrow or if mods are recommended.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #7427 by DirkV
Replied by DirkV on topic New Member from PA
Hi Welcome. Good to see another LR3 on the trail. Look forward to seeing you.

4 years 5 months ago #7430 by LeBlanc
Replied by LeBlanc on topic New Member from PA

CFranco101 wrote: Interested to find out if my stock LR3 would be fine at Broken Arrow or if mods are recommended.

I'll be leading the Sedona event.

Your Stock LR3 will do just fine, there's difficult sections that have easier bypasses. Even the Devil's Stair Case can be avoided.

Welcome to the club and see you on the trail.

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

4 years 5 months ago #7433 by admin
Replied by admin on topic New Member from PA

CFranco101 wrote: New to AZ, just moved to the chandler area from PA. Looking forward to hitting a few trails sometime soon, hope to be all settled in and ready to go for the sedona trails event if all goes as planned.

Really excited to hit some trails out here with a group since there is virtually nowhere to do so back in PA and nobody to do it with.

Interested to find out if my stock LR3 would be fine at Broken Arrow or if mods are recommended.

Do your best to make the Sedona trails - they're a great way to be introduced to getting off the highway in Arizona, and you'll be amazed at the traction you get in some spots.

Welcome to AZ!

00 G500
N4GWG

4 years 5 months ago #7436 by CFranco101
Replied by CFranco101 on topic New Member from PA
Thank you all for the responses. Count me in for the sedona event, I have wanted to drive broken arrow for a few years now and I am stoked I will finally get to do it soon. Looking forward to meeting some of you out there.

Not sure who might come with me, wife is 6 months pregnant so not sure if she will be up for it.

I just have a few questions:
-What do you guys suggest for communications?
-Assuming I will need to air down, is there somewhere I can refill when done? (I don't have a powertank yet)

Thanks again,
Carlos

4 years 5 months ago #7437 by LeBlanc
Replied by LeBlanc on topic New Member from PA
as far as communication goes, our club is heavy users of Ham Radios, but we realize the investment in time (license) and money is not for everyone. Secondary is CB with an external antenna, which is more reliable than FRS which is our 3rd and least favorite option. All three are typically used on any given trail run...

Airing down on your LR3 will depend on the tires you have. But yes, the trail is very close to town and there's service stations everywhere. Barring that, I carry CO2 and spare air pump, and many others do as well.. you'll be well covered.

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter