AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

RRC Suspension Opinions

2 years 1 month ago #9016 by fryvet
To all the Gurus,

I have a 1990 RRC which has a 2" lift on it currently, though is in need of replacing. I have considered the OME HD lift and springs, but am concerned it will negatively adjust ride dynamics, unless fully laden. I plan to use the vehicle for mild-moderate off-roading, somewhat more heavily laden (people, dogs, equipment). I will not be towing with the vehicle. Other forums have suggested you can get similar benefits from a medium duty option, with better on-road handling when not fully loaded. Additionally I am considering the TerraFirma or Ironman options as well.

I would love to hear what the community at large has experienced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #9017 by Rodewaryer
I have the OME Heavy duty suspension on my Discovery 1 and it is a bit harsher on road than stock was, my CD player skips on bridge joints on the freeway but honestly strictly by feel it isn't a huge change from stock in my opinion. I would do it the same if I had it to do over again. I leave a lot of gear in my vehicle, it used to cause the stock suspension to squat a bit in the rear. There is no discernible suspension squat with the same gear on the HD OME set up.

2 years 1 week ago #9041 by LeBlanc
I bought the Terrafirma 2" Medium Duty for mine.. quite happy so far.. but haven't had it off road yet

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

1 year 9 months ago #9097 by James Howard
It is not just the springs, the shocks make a huge difference, and to a lesser extent, the bushings and the anti-roll bar.

We have the RTE 2" springs with AirLift air bags inside on the rear. The RTEs are great when it is empty, but loaded to the GVW on a trip to Guatemala it bottomed out on too many speed bumps so we added the air bags. It makes a big difference. But the shocks we have are underdamped and on long stretches of washboard they overheat, so the next project is to pick something better.

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Newsletter