AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

Rocky Road Outfitters Rock Sliders

2 years 3 months ago #8561 by Rodewaryer
Is it typical of the Utah supplier, or any other, to take a month to build (not deliver) a set of rock sliders? Just asking...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #8562 by CFranco101
Mine took about that long to be made but that was from a different supplier and I also had a gas tank skid plate made. Sometimes these shops get backed up with work, especially around this time with all the different off road events recently and upcoming.

2 years 3 months ago #8563 by Rodewaryer
If it had been worded such that it was expected to take that long as an order in the queue, I would not have batted an eye. But they said it in such a way that I took it as a 4 week long build time. I know they're proud of their products but really...

Anyway, it really just kind of hit a nerve I guess what with so many other things of late not being available and having to come from manufacturers and/or be made upon ordering. Us old school-ers remember a time when a business was proud of what they stocked, and anymore they're just proud of the wait list. This is not a statement aimed at Rocky Road Outfitters, as they have a solid rep and I am just SO pleased they are made "here". It's just another observation of "the times" we live in.

Hey, anyone wanting anything from my ebay store will not have to wait, it just so happens I have everything it says I do. :-)

2 years 3 months ago #8565 by CFranco101
It can certainly be frustrating at times, especially when it's a new toy to put on our rovers!

The stock shortage could be a sign of a well made product that they just can't make fast enough to keep in stock in some cases. In a lot of cases it tends to be that it's not cost effective for a business to have excessive stock on the shelves that might not sell in a timely fashion. This stock has to be stored, this takes up space which could otherwise be used for storing items that sell quicker. It also must be paid for, this means the business has to put the money out but have it trickle back in one item at a time.
In the case of raw materials used to manufacture the items they sell one must also keep in mind the labor costs involved, again for an item they might not sell quickly. So in those cases it's best to just make the product when you actually receive an order for it.

In the case of the sliders I bought, they were from Tactical 4x4. Eric does incredible metal work and I couldn't be happier with what I received. They took around 4 weeks to be completed as well and he was swamped with work as he was also working on the front bumper he made for the raffle vehicle. I supported a small business that also a supports our club just as Rocky Road has and that's worth it to me. I am glad Eric took the time to make sure the product he was selling me was the best possible quality too.

2 years 3 months ago #8566 by Rodewaryer
And for the icing on the cake, I just received shipping notification. I'm getting used to being confused. :-)

2 years 3 months ago #8580 by Rodewaryer
Ok, I guess it would take quite a while to bend BAR Stock amongst other things, wow are these things sturdy.

They don't even show in a side view.

Definitely there...

2 years 2 months ago #8583 by CFranco101
Wow that rig looks great, and the sliders look tremendous!

2 years 2 months ago #8584 by koly
Agreed - great looking Disco - like the wheels, and the jerry can holders - custom roof rack?

00 G500
N4GWG

2 years 2 months ago #8585 by Rodewaryer
English roof rack for Discovery. Buddy of mine in the UK spotted it too and noted he has one kicking around without a Disco to put it on...

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Newsletter