AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

Sunflower Mine 12/2/2017

1 week 6 days ago #9917 by RovnAZ
Unfortunately, we need to reschedule Sunflower for another time. There are too many unknowns at this time. There is conflicting information about the small single lane bridge in the canyon being closed for maintenance or not safe for use (pilings washed out). The trail difficulty is also unknown. Some accounts have it being quite a bit more challenging than before the fire closed it and the washouts at the top appear to be much worse as well based on some of the pics and vid's I've found from the last year. Until we can get a recon run, we'll need to reschedule this particular trail for another time. Ryan isn't able to make it, so I'll be taking over the lead for the day.

However, I propose we run the El Oso/Jolene Mine trail up on top of Four Peaks. Although it is also lacking on recent info it should still be doable.

To do this trail, every vehicle must be on All Terrain tires (not stock street types) at the least and must have a full sized spare. As we don't know what the trail will be like, I fully expect there to be plenty of brush, so expect AZ pin striping in spades. I do believe we'll run into some rocky sections with some minor shelf climbs and a fair amount of washout ruts, so a transfer case with working low range is also necessary. I'm not sure on the size of the rocks we'll run into so rock sliders and diff guards are highly recommended.

As soon as the Event is unlocked and linked to me, I'll get meeting and communications info posted up.

Rob

1984 90
2004 Discovery II (Dead)
1997 Tahoe
KE7VGU
- Rob Woodward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago #9918 by LeBlanc
Trail is yours... updated ..

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

1 week 4 days ago #9919 by Maxum96
Rob,
I'll be falling in line with you all, when you pass the turn off to Saguaro Lake/Bush Highway on 87.
Chuck S.

1 week 2 days ago #9921 by RovnAZ
Ok Chuck, thanks for the heads up and we'll be looking for you.

Will you be on radio?

1984 90
2004 Discovery II (Dead)
1997 Tahoe
KE7VGU
- Rob Woodward

1 week 2 days ago #9922 by Maxum96
Rob, I will be on frs. We will be at over pass/turn off at 8:30, we'll fall in line as you go by. I'll be in the black classic.
-Chuck

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Newsletter