AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Broken Arrow trail on March 25th

9 months 2 days ago #9808 by cdb
Any issues for a stock suspension (parabolics though) Series 2a with an expensive paint job - i.e. desert pinstriping, body damage?
Stock driveline so I'll carry extra axles.
Anything else?

Thanks,

Clark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 23 hours ago #9814 by LeBlanc
any stock land rover can do this trail, it's challenging in some areas, but pin striping is easily avoidable.

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

9 months 23 hours ago #9815 by cdb
Thanks Pierre....
I have also spoken with Chad Manx and he indicated that pinstriping was possible on some of the narrow sections, so I am in a quandary.
Unfortunately I spent a small fortune restoring my 1969 LR Bugeye and it has made me much more cautious of where I take it - besides the 1,100 mile drive from my home in Oregon.
So, I guess I'll mull it over some more.

Clark

9 months 23 hours ago - 9 months 23 hours ago #9816 by LeBlanc
there's a couple of narrow sections, true, but easily avoidable with careful driving. I wouldn't hesitate. IT's a heavily traveled trail so they keep it maintained really well.

Can't say the same for many of our other trails where pin-striping is almost assured.

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdb

9 months 22 hours ago #9817 by cdb
And the other factors -I'm soon to be 74 years old and I have rolled 3 previous well-set-up trail rigs within the past 10 years so my confidence and competence are waning along with me.
Looking at the Staircase it appears to have rollover potential with a bad line or bad spotting.
Mulling on.

Clark

9 months 20 hours ago #9818 by LeBlanc
Yes, this trail has some fantastic views as well as some serious sections requiring precise driving skill. Not to be underestimated.. The staircase is more of a controlled slide..

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter