AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

All Trail Leaders - Support Offered

1 year 9 months ago #9009 by Rodewaryer
I am offering my services to trail leaders as a support option for incidents requiring parts from the general Phoenix area. This is not exclusive to every trail run, but if you contact me before the event (and I am not already attending) just to verify my availability, I will make myself available to run parts out to anyone suffering such an incident that could be supported thusly. I don't have extensive trail experience, so I would not tackle difficult runs to remote areas since it would likely just result in a recovery, however, there are likely plenty of occasions where the breakdown is either easy to reach, or even still on improved roads (look at Rob and Chads recent issues) or I could even be met somewhere by another vehicle from your group. I know there are situations where a simple correct part used the first time can save a lot of grief later, even if a mcgyver is possible to get one home. I get how most incidents could not be solved though this assistance, but even if only rarely, I find it would be most gratifying to help and I'm certain the recipient would most likely be glad for the help. Think it over, I find there is little downside to at least knowing someone is aware of the event and that they are available if the situation warrants it. Trail Leaders can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for a phone number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #9010 by admin
Great idea - thanks for posting...

Maybe we could put out a call to all members interested in being 'support' and I could throw together a page on the web site that contains volunteers' email/phone/etc that would only be viewable by members... That way, they could either print it out before heading out on the trail, or, if they have a signal, could view the page out where they have their breakdown.

00 G500
N4GWG

1 year 9 months ago #9011 by Rodewaryer
I'm personally not sure how to query all members but your post's content exhibits exactly why YOU are the admin. Perfect.

Put me down as volunteer/support runner #1.

1 year 8 months ago #9043 by LeBlanc
This is a great idea, next time we talk, let's discuss.. I'm putting the trail schedule together for the fall now..

Pierre LeBlanc
'87 RRC
'02 D2
N2FWD

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Newsletter