AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

AZLRO BBQ Trail Run?

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #8980 by Redriderrick
Hi all. Julie and I are looking forward to the BBQ and were wondering if we'd be hitting the trail on Saturday. I'd heard it mentioned that any runs would be "impromptu", but wasn't sure what was available for trails in the area other than Apache Trail to the South. If there's nothing planned or available, we may bring our road or mountain bikes for a ride, or kayaks for a paddle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #8982 by CFranco101
There are several trails in the area, and as you mentioned we are not having a formal schedule of trails as we did for the rally but I'm sure there will be some trails run on Saturday.

We are also holding a trail recovery class in camp on Saturday geared for beginners to teach the basics of recovery, we'll be covering topics such as gear selection, stuck assessments, safe practices, gear ratings and knowledge as well as some hands on practice. This will be a 2 hr class.

I'm sure there will be chatter the night before around dinner about which trails will be run or look for the vehicle line ups in the morning.

See you there!

1 year 10 months ago #8983 by Ejag
Hello All,

We are relatively new members and are looking forward to the BBQ, but I have a couple of questions.
Where is "Teal Loop" at Lake Roosevelt?
We are planning on arriving in a motorhome, towing the Land Rover, but we do not wish to cause any problems or inconvenience any other members. Does anyone foresee any issues involving the motorhome, such as causing overcrowding?

Rod & Linda

1 year 10 months ago #8984 by AGENT86
Here's a map of the entire camping area. You'll see the Teal Loop within the Grapevine Area

www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5208063.pdf

1 year 10 months ago #8988 by Maxum96
I will be going up to Asbestos Point, don't know exactly what time, Saturday or Sunday. It is on the north side of Roosevelt Lake, off of 288. It's not a hard trail and not real long, but a nice little drive. Any stock land rover could make it no problem. At the top there are old mines and an old crane cab to explore. Also a nice view of the lake. Only takes two to three hours there and back from the campground.

1 year 10 months ago #8991 by Glenn P38
Hey Chuck. If you're leading I'm in. Ricky/Julie are you guys interested? See You soon.

1 year 10 months ago #8993 by Maxum96
Glenn i'll lead. We'll talk more with Friday evening around dinner, or Saturday morning. I'm probably going up on Friday mid morning, I talked with Duane about travelling together. We might meet up at the turnoff for Four Peaks/Sycamore Creek on Highway 87 between 10:30 and 11:00 am.

1 year 10 months ago #8996 by Glenn P38
Hi Rick/Julie,

Hope everything is ok. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Chuck,

I'll still be driving in from Denver at that time! I should be to the camp ground hopefully around 6-7 or so.

Talk to you soon.

glenn

1 year 10 months ago #8997 by Rodewaryer
I'm not trying to be difficult, really I'm not but maybe my deteriorating eyesight has me at a disadvantage. I cannot find anywhere a mention of times for...well anything Friday. I get that this is not a full day but it would be nice to know (it happens to be a day off for moi) even a loose time schedule for Friday, arrival, BBQ set up, raffle, dancing around the mudhut campfire and BS Session (just kidding) you get the idea.

1 year 10 months ago #8998 by admin
Gates to the campground will be open at noon on Friday.

The last newsletter about BBQ had rough timelines for dinner & raffle for both Friday & Saturday; Friday the grills will be started between 4-6pm, raffle at 9pm. Saturday, BBQ will be served between 6-8pm, with raffle at 9pm.

Saturday day features the recovery class (not sure on the time, mid-morning perhaps?), or join some other members off on nearby trail runs that you can discuss on Friday night...

See you there!

00 G500
N4GWG

1 year 10 months ago #8999 by DirkV
Hi Rick, Sorry to hear you and Julie won't be there.
We'll try to have fun anyhow. I hope it's nothing too serious, and look forward to seeing you on the trail again.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Newsletter