AZLRO
  • ¬†¬†webmaster@azlro.org

Charouleau Gap

2 years 6 days ago #8778 by Glenn P38
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody ran this recently? I know in the past it was quite difficult (and Chad flopped) :) . I saw that Ryan stated 33's and sliders. Just curious. Was thinking of flying in for the weekend, but the P38 is in Colorado and I don't really beat on the Classic, which is in Phoenix.

Thanks,

glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 days ago #8779 by RovnAZ
Given the weather we've had here in AZ over the last month or so, I'd hazard a guess the trail will most likely be on the hard side. There are a couple of bolder fields (basketball sized rocks) thru creek beds that are really the driver for the 33"+ tires. With enough water in these creeks (which in my experience is usually the case), you can't see well enough to spot over these larger rocks, so damage to diff's and axle housings on stock height tires are highly likely. The runoff from the rain and snow we've had recently is sure to make some of the difficult parts more so and body damage is a very good possibility. There is one obstacle down in the canyon that has claimed more than it's fair share of rear quarter windows due to it off camber geometry and huge over hanging rock right next to it.

Should be a very challenging run. Hope I can make it.

Rob

1984 90
2004 Discovery II (Dead)
1997 Tahoe
KE7VGU
- Rob Woodward

2 years 4 days ago #8783 by James Howard
We got 2 inches of rain at our house last week here, which translates into a lot of snow on the higher elevations. With the warmer temperatures and sunshine this week, I would expect lots of water in the creek, and the water to be really cold. Be prepared.

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH

2 years 4 days ago #8786 by admin
Dang that sounds fun - wish I could make it, especially since that Wallaby is leading the trail.

00 G500
N4GWG

2 years 2 days ago #8796 by Maxum96
I'm down with the flu or I'd definitely go on this run. The Gap and Ryan together......they will not disappoint. Have fun and be safe out there.

2 years 1 day ago #8797 by CFranco101
I thought he was a peach beer loving kiwi?

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Newsletter