AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Outlaw trail/Devils Bridge

3 years 5 months ago #8489 by CFranco101
Hello,
The plan for this trail run will be to do the Devil's bridge part first in the morning before it gets too hot and then run the outlaw trail. I have not pre run Outlaw trail yet, I plan on doing so in the next few weeks and will have an update on that later. As for Devil's bridge this trail can be done by any stock land rover with low range. Devil's bridge involves a hike about a mile long to reach it, the trail gets steep towards the end if you go up to the top of the bridge, you can always go to the bottom as well. Be sure to bring water as it will most likely be hot. After the hike there is a nice shaded spot for lunch a short distance from the hiking trail.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for this trip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #8512 by CFranco101
So I updated the events page for this trip. I have not been able to pre run the outlaw trail yet as life has gotten in the way with new job and spending some much needed time with the family. Also my LR3 is in need of some work before I can take it on the trail again. It is going up to Rov N Techs for some MUCH needed attention a few days before the trip, I have full confidence in Kevin and Joe that they'll have it done quickly as they always do.

Since I have not pre-run the outlaw trail yet I don't feel comfortable taking a larger group that I have not driven with before, to a trail that I've not run myself. That being said, it all depends on the size of the group and type of vehicle that show up. I do want to run the outlaw trail as I've read it has some great scenery, but like I said, it all depends on the turnout.

I'm excited to get out on the trail as I haven't been out in a while and need to get out for a while.

3 years 4 months ago #8513 by Maxum96
Replied by Maxum96 on topic Outlaw trail/Devils Bridge
CFranco I might be staying in Sedona that weekend. I'll just need to know when and where we'll be meeting. I've never wheeled around Sedona before but from what I hear most trails are not that bad. Looking forward to this run :)

3 years 4 months ago #8514 by Maxum96
Just saw on the events page where and when we'll be meeting see you there. I have a slightly modified D1. My wife and father will be riding with me.

3 years 4 months ago #8517 by Sam2sari
Replied by Sam2sari on topic Outlaw trail/Devils Bridge
Just joined AZLRO and saw this trail run on Saturday. I'll be joining you guys for the day. I have a stock DII with all-terrains.

3 years 4 months ago #8520 by CFranco101
Great! it's always fun to share these trips with family. What all have you done to your D1?

3 years 4 months ago #8521 by CFranco101
Welcome to the club! It's looking like we are going to have a really good turnout for this run and a good mix of new and existing members as well. Should be a good time!

3 years 4 months ago #8523 by Maxum96
My D1 has 3" rovertym suspension 2" body lift 35" BFG KM2 tires detroit locker on rear axle 411 gears in axles

3 years 4 months ago #8524 by Maxum96
What time do you think you'll be at the gas station in Sedona?

3 years 4 months ago #8525 by CFranco101

Maxum96 wrote: What time do you think you'll be at the gas station in Sedona?

I'd say around 9:30-10.

3 years 4 months ago #8526 by DirkV
Replied by DirkV on topic Outlaw trail/Devils Bridge
Hi Carlos, looks like I'll be able to join (90% sure). I'm thinking of heading out Fri after work, and in that case, I'll also be looking to meet at the gas station in Sedona area.
I'm thinking of leaving Fri after work and finding remote camping at cool altitude and not too far from Sedona for Fri night. Anybody with good ideas (and want to join)?
MIngus Mt camping and then take trail to Jerome was my first thought, but that might be too long a trip Sat a.m. Maybe those areas north of 89A between Sedona and Cottonwood: Sycamore Pass area?

3 years 4 months ago #8528 by DirkV
Great trip with a great group. Thanks again, Carlos.
I set up an album (in the old gallery), and uploaded a bunch of photos, planning to delete 1/2 or so once I had a full-size look. Unfortunately, I don't see a "delete image" command, so i'll have to check with Koly about how to remove images.
Sorry for the blort of images.

3 years 4 months ago #8529 by koly
Replied by koly on topic Outlaw trail/Devils Bridge
Dirk - THANK YOU for uploading your photos!

I'll look into the delete thing so you can clean up the album.

I hope other members continue to upload their photos - either under the 'membership' tab, or in the old photo gallery, so that once I find a comprehensive solution the club will have a complete collection of our adventures.

00 G500
N4GWG

3 years 4 months ago #8530 by DirkV
NP Koly. The interface was quick and easy - too easy in that I uploaded too many.

BTW, the pre-trip camping on Friday was great. One of the nicest campsites I've found.
Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #8532 by Maxum96
Awesome trip awesome people awesome location.Thanks to Carlos for leading this run great day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFranco101

3 years 4 months ago #8534 by CFranco101
I am glad you guys had a good time. Thank you all for coming out and don't forget to upload your pictures to the gallery! It was great meeting everyone and I hope to see you guys on the next trail run!

3 years 4 months ago #8535 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Outlaw trail/Devils Bridge
Dirk - you should be able to edit/delete any of the photos you want to get rid of now...

00 G500
N4GWG

3 years 4 months ago #8536 by DirkV
Done. Cleaned up. Thanks Koly.

Time to create page: 0.784 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter