AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Organ Pipe Night Run

3 years 6 months ago #8407 by Glenn P38
Hi All. I tried to post info about this run on the event page but don't think I did it right. I'm sure Bob will send me instructions! Anyway, I am leading a night run on June 27th in Organ Pipe National Monument. I was thinking of doing an easy, scenic loop (I've seen a CRV on it) in the early afternoon (yes it will be hot but I'm sure most of you have AC). In the late afternoon, starting the main run through the Monument, finishing by moonlight. Then setting up camp. After camp is set up, we could do the easy loop again with people playing with their lights. I know it's a lot to do, but if there is interest, I am willing set it up with posted start times so people can do as much/little as they want. Closer to the event, I would need to know info about how many people are interested in camping. Talking with the Ranger, the nights are still cool at that time of the year.

Thanks,

Glenn
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #8408 by koly
Replied by koly on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Hi Glenn -

I've published your event - you should be able to go in and edit whenever you finalize your details. One side note: when you go in to edit, for some reason, the server defaults to reseting your event's date to one day prior (i.e.: if your event is occurring on the 2nd, it will auto-populate the date field with the 1st) - so just make sure when you edit it, you pay attention to the date field.

Sounds like a fun trip - thanks for posting it!

00 G500
N4GWG

3 years 6 months ago #8413 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Glenn,

This sounds like a great run!! Organ pipe is a great place. No shade in campground so come prepared.

1968 Series IIA Dormobile - 20,000 BTU stove, 16 gallon water capacity, accommodations for 4, dining area, and restroom
1992 Range Rover - Did you know the 14th wedding anniversary is the Range Rover Anniversary?

3 years 5 months ago #8463 by Glenn P38
Replied by Glenn P38 on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
I did a pre-run on Monday afternoon and not surprisingly, it was a little warm at the beginning. By 4:00 I had the windows down and when I finished around 6, it was actually cool. I guess no urban heat island effect.

So far only Chuck and I have registered for the event. I know Carlos and Duane had expressed interest. Please let me know if anybody else is interested so I can put an itinerary together. I need to know if people are interested in going on the run and how long they want to make the day. Also if people are interested in camping.

Thanks,

Glenn

3 years 5 months ago #8466 by Maxum96
Replied by Maxum96 on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Glenn i'll probably camp. Return trip home could turn into a long day. I'd run a trail or explore at night sounds fun.

3 years 5 months ago #8478 by CFranco101
Replied by CFranco101 on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Glenn,
I'm interested in doing this run but I'll be starting a new job that week and my truck is not trail worthy at the moment. If I can get it all fixed up by then I think I might bring my nephew along with me and camp out. I'll definitely try to get it all done by then, plus this gives me an incentive to get my lights installed finally so we'll see!

3 years 5 months ago #8479 by Javelinadave
Replied by Javelinadave on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
I want to do this trail when it is cooler outside (hint hint for doing this trail again this winter). My 90 doesn't have A/C and a June trip would be brutal!

3 years 5 months ago #8483 by Marin
Replied by Marin on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Hi Glenn,

I would be interested as well if this is still on.

3 years 4 months ago #8499 by Glenn P38
Hi Marin,

The event is still on. Did you want to camp with us? If Duane and Carlos go, we could get a group site. I think it would actually be cheaper to get a group site with at least three people. More info about the meeting time, etc soon.

3 years 4 months ago #8507 by Glenn P38
Chuck, Marin,

I've heard from others that they think it's too hot to go. I'm still in if you guys want to go. The night time low in Ajo is about 76. Days are roughly equal to Tucson.

Glenn

3 years 4 months ago #8508 by Marin
Replied by Marin on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Would have gone unfortunately had some issues with the Disco this past weekend and won't have the time to fix it before Sunday.

3 years 4 months ago #8510 by Glenn P38
Event is still on! We will be meeting at Valero on the NW corner of 40th Street and McDowell at 2 pm Saturday to head down there. Chuck and I are camping. If anybody else would like to join, please let me know or show up on Saturday. Camping is not mandatory. Thanks,

Glenn
480 250 4869

3 years 4 months ago #8511 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Organ Pipe Night Run
Hey Glenn - hope you had a successful outing!

If you guys took any photos, could you please post them in the "club photos" section under the "Membership" tab? I'm trying to see if that might be a good replacement for our photo gallery...

Thanks!

00 G500
N4GWG

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter