AZLRO
  •   webmaster@azlro.org

Forum

Overland Expo convoy

5 years 6 months ago #6587 by James Howard
Is anyone planning to convoy up on Friday? One of our Tucson members was asking.

1968 Land Rover Dormobile
1992 Range Rover
N1JH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #6646 by douglawyer@gmail.com
So for everyone camping at Expo please pay your camping overnight fee as you enter for the appropriate number of nights and then head towards the test track. Chuck will be staking out our claim on Wednesday afternoon and will make sure there's plenty of room for vehicles, tents, trailers, etc. I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. If you need help finding the site, please call me at 480-205-0066 or Chuck Schmidt at 480-634-3797. If you see any other Rover folks please invite them to hang out and camp with our club as well.

5 years 5 months ago #6667 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Overland Expo convoy
I'm planning on doing a day trip up from Phx on Saturday and returning Saturday evening...

Anyone want to convoy? Meet at the gas station at I-17 and Carefree Hwy at 7 or 8am?

00 G500
N4GWG

5 years 5 months ago #6668 by Maxum96
Replied by Maxum96 on topic Overland Expo convoy
I will be in a white Jeep Grand Cherokee with a pop up camper. I had a motor mount go bad in the Disco last night causing the engine to tip over enough for the driveshaft to lay against the catalytic converter/muffler. Makes a terrible racket. If you need to get in touch with me to find our spot my cell number is 480-634-3797.

5 years 5 months ago #6669 by 05LR3AZ
Replied by 05LR3AZ on topic Overland Expo convoy

admin wrote: I'm planning on doing a day trip up from Phx on Saturday and returning Saturday evening...

Anyone want to convoy? Meet at the gas station at I-17 and Carefree Hwy at 7 or 8am?

That sounds good. I'm working out the details with Ryan since he may tag along with me but figured I'd leave at 7:30 or so and could get to gas station by 8-ish. I can try for earlier though if need be.

05' LR3
01' E-350 7.3L 4x4 - Sportsmobile pop-up
94' DI - ROKROVR
[bt]91' RRC SWB[/b]
Shaun - KF7KOY

5 years 5 months ago #6670 by admin

05LR3AZ wrote:

admin wrote: I'm planning on doing a day trip up from Phx on Saturday and returning Saturday evening...

That sounds good. I'm working out the details with Ryan since he may tag along with me but figured I'd leave at 7:30 or so and could get to gas station by 8-ish. I can try for earlier though if need be.

I'm not in a rush, so you want to do 8:30-9, that works too.

00 G500
N4GWG

5 years 5 months ago #6671 by 05LR3AZ
8 is good so we are there by 11-ish.

05' LR3
94' DI - ROKROVR
[bt]91' RRC SWB[/b]
Shaun - KF7KOY

5 years 5 months ago #6672 by
Replied by on topic Overland Expo convoy
Me and jhawk are down to convoy up on Saturday morning. Still 8am at I-17 and Carefree hwy?

5 years 5 months ago #6673 by admin
sounds good. 8am at the gas station (fuel up somewhere else - that gas station is a little too proud of their fuel).

CB channel 33 if you've got em?

00 G500
N4GWG

5 years 5 months ago #6674 by ipgregory
Replied by ipgregory on topic Overland Expo convoy
Heading up tomorrow so no convoy, sorry. For those of you who will be there on Sat, swing by the main demo area if you get chance as we are staging the rollover demo again this year just after lunch. It's free for anybody at the expo.

If you have an experience package we are also staging a "sink it, recover it and re-start it" class on both Sat and Sun. Not sure where or what time yet but it will be in the info package. Come on by if you can?

Hope to see you there?

Ian

Ian Gregory - N1IPG

Current LR Stable: 97 D90 S/T #1008, 94 D90 S/W #1887 (Project), 98 D1 LSE
Memories of: 84 RRC Vogue 4dr, 93 RRC Vogue SE, 84 Ninety 2.5D S/W, 86 Ninety 2.5TD 2dr, 96 D1 SD.

5 years 5 months ago #6675 by Dr. Evil
Replied by Dr. Evil on topic Overland Expo convoy
I will try and catch up with you both on Saturday AM.

Joanne Shen-Ortega
2010 LR4 HSE HD, 18" Compomotive/BFGs, Tactical 4x4 sliders & gas tank cover, LR front underbody protection, LR/Warn 9000XP winch, Eezi-Awn 1800 T-Top Roof Top Tent and awning, and ARB fridge/freezer for summer picnics!

5 years 5 months ago #6676 by koly
Replied by koly on topic Overland Expo convoy
I'm not going to be able to make it today... have fun without me!

00 G500
N4GWG

5 years 5 months ago #6677 by Dr. Evil
Replied by Dr. Evil on topic Overland Expo convoy
Okay- sorry to hear it. Departing chevron.

Joanne Shen-Ortega
2010 LR4 HSE HD, 18" Compomotive/BFGs, Tactical 4x4 sliders & gas tank cover, LR front underbody protection, LR/Warn 9000XP winch, Eezi-Awn 1800 T-Top Roof Top Tent and awning, and ARB fridge/freezer for summer picnics!

5 years 5 months ago #6678 by 05LR3AZ

joanne wrote: Okay- sorry to hear it. Departing chevron.

Nobody here when I arrived...heading up also

05' LR3
94' DI - ROKROVR
[bt]91' RRC SWB[/b]
Shaun - KF7KOY

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds

AZLRO

AZLRO promotes safe off-road driving, supports the "Tread Lightly" program is active in maintaining access for off-road driving as we explore all the great state of Arizona has to offer.

Newsletter